90s supermodel Linda Evangelista, All Over Press.
THE TEN MOST FABULOUS FASHION QUOTES OF ALL TIME
Get some wordy inspiration direct from the source, as we count down the ten best quotes from our favourite fashion insiders of all time.
10. “Anyone can get dressed up and be glamorous, but it is how people
dress in their days off that are the most intriguing.”
9. “Never use the word ‘cheap’. Today everybody can look chic in
inexpensive clothes (the rich buy them too). There is good clothing
design on every level today. You can be the chicest thing in the world
in a t-shirt and jeans – it’s up to you.”
8. “If you can’t be better than your competition, just dress
7. "I wish I had invented blue jeans... They have expression,
modesty, sex appeal, simplicity – all I hope for in my
Yves Saint Laurent
6. "When I come home I actually take off all my clothes, and I
wear no clothes until I leave. I eat naked. I do everything completely
5. “A little bad taste is like a nice splash of paprika. We all need
a splash of bad taste – it’s hearty, it’s healthy, it’s physical. I
think we could use more of it. No taste is what I’m against.”
4. "Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in
3. “How can you live the high life if you do not wear the high
2. "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day."
1. “Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to
alter it every six months.”