HOW TO MAKE LIPSTICK LAST
We all love the look of lippy so of course we want it to last as long as possible! Read on to find out exactly how.
1. Lipstick can be a game-changer when it comes to beauty, instantly brightening your face or adding that extra oomph to an overall look. We are especially loving fuchsia right now, but any other hue will do, too!
2. To prep your lips, first exfoliate with a clean toothbrush. Gently brush away any dry flakes of skin. Or, why not make your own exfoliator? Mix a little sugar and oil together to form a paste, then brush that away.
3. Apply a small amount of lip balm. This softens the lips and prepares the surface for the next steps.
4. Dab a very thin layer of foundation over your lips. This will neutralise your natural lip colour and provide a perfect canvas for colour. Then take a lip pencil and carefully outline the shape you want.
5. Using a lip brush, paint lipstick (in a shade that matches the liner) inside the outline. It’s best to use a matte formula for ultimate staying power, but also to stay smudge-free.
6. Dust a little loose powder over the lipstick. Then paint another layer of lipstick with the brush.
7. And there you have it – vivid lipstick that is guaranteed to last the day!
8. If you’re feeling more adventurous, why not try colour-blocked lips? Just take two different colours (we’ve chosen orange and pink here) and repeat the steps as above with one colour on the top lip and the other on the bottom.