HOW TO GET A GLOW-Y LOOK FOR SPRING
Getting your glow on has never been easier. Just befriend warm tones, get to know the highest planes of your face and read on for a quick how-to, especially great for darker skin tones.
1. You’ve got a freshly cleansed face, moisturised and applied sunscreen with a high SPF. Great! Now you’ll want to work on your base. Apply a thin layer of foundation that matches your skin exactly – you only want to even out your skin tone, not cover everything up. Alternatively, you can always use a tinted moisturiser with SPF to speed things along and still get that sheer coverage.
2. Apply a darker foundation to the points where the sun naturally hits first: along the hairline, the bridge of the nose, high points of the cheeks, the jawline and tip of the chin. A note about the darker foundation: avoid anything that runs colder in tone, since it is likely to make you look tired and washed out. Now blend, blend, blend so that the harsh lines disappear. Use your fingers or a damp makeup sponge for the best results.
3. Highlighter time! Use a cream highlighter in a yellow or golden tone (not white or pink) and apply to the highest planes of the face: the brow bone, the top of the cheekbones and the bridge of the nose. The small things count, too, so apply the highlighter to the inner corner of the eyes and the cupid’s bow. Then blend, blend, blend again, patting into the skin with a finger or damp makeup sponge.
4. To add a healthy flush, apply a powder blush in a warmer tone (such as coral) with a brush to the highest points of your cheekbone. Gently sweep back and forth a few times. If there’s any blush left on the brush, you can sweep across the eyelids for a little extra warmth.
5. Now on to the eyes. For depth, apply a bronze eyeshadow across the entire eyelid, concentrating the colour near the lashes. You’ll instantly have a subtle sheen, which complements your newfound glow, but also looks more pulled together.
6. The finishing touch? Supple lips. And all you need is lip balm. Swipe across the lips a few times for maximum moisture and some nice shine.
So there you have it: a natural, glow-y look. Warm in tone and spirit. Enjoy!