Step-by-step guide to this season’s hottest (and gothest!) lip trend
Our take on the glamour goth girl look is surprisingly easy and natural.
1. Start with a clean and moisturised face. Then apply a thin layer of foundation (or tinted moisturiser, BB or CC cream) to your entire face. Using a brush, blend some along the outer contour of your lips and the Cupid’s bow. You want an even-toned base so your lips will really pop.
2. Since the eyes aren’t the focus here, simply curl your lashes and brush your eyebrows. If you have light-coloured lashes or feel too bare without, put on some mascara.
3. Next, you want to add a little bit of glow to the highest point of your cheeks. Use a shimmery blush or highlighter and blend it in well.
4. Here’s where you break out one of our favourite lip hacks! Draw an X from each side of the Cupid’s bow to make the perfect pout. Line the rest of your lips but don't overdraw outside the lip line, which can look cartoonish with dark colours.
5. Now fill the entire lip with the lipliner and even out the colour with a lip brush if you need to. This will provide a solid base for your lipstick colour, making sure it lasts.
6. Finally time for your deep, dark colour. Use a lip brush to apply the lipstick over your lipliner base. Blot off any excess with a tissue.
7. Top with a little gloss because we’ve moved on from last season’s super-matte look. Et voilà! A gorgeous goth lip that works as well in the office as it does in the club. Don’t forget to bring your lip colour with you for touchups.