Joan Smalls, All Over Press
We think supermodel Joan Smalls always looks stylish, on and off the runway, and now she proves she’s a pro at mixing it up, combining mannish tailoring with downtown chic.
- Shiny fabrics always bring out the magpie in us, but if you’re
afraid of being outshone, dial the lustre down a notch with a matte
- Ombré has become one of the favoured ‘dos
for celebrity heads today, but Joan has eschewed the expected
Hollywood waves for a poker-straight style that we think adds a hint
of 2000s edge.
- Joan’s look teeters between
sporty and formal, and picking a mannish leather loafer keeps things
firmly fashionable but with a little masculine finesse. Style from
the ground up!
- The right piece of outsize
outerwear goes a long way – this oversized jacket’s hood brings a
rough-and-ready urban element to a slick street-style ready look,
and the leather panels win on-trend bonus points.
- The secret to a clean-cut look is to keep the accessories simple – very simple, in this case. Joan has chosen an uncomplicated flat pouch to make sure things are unfussy and still totally sophisticated.