- Yes, all H&M sunglasses have a special UV filter which locks out all UV radiations (UVA and UVB).
- The highest recommended washing temperature is stated on the garment's label. You can, of course, choose a lower temperature to save energy. However, heavily soiled clothes might require the higher temperature.
An easy way to calculate your size is to use our Size Guide, found here. Please note that same size garments may still vary depending on fit. H&M follow the standard body measurement lists, based on average body measurements for all sizes.
For some products we specify measurements in cm/inches on the product page to give you an understanding of the model or fit for that specific garment. Note that these measurements may vary a few centimetres up and down depending on the material used in its production.
- The size guides are a general guide for selecting the correct size at H&M based on your own body measurements. The measurements in cm/inches that we in some cases specify on the product pages is for the specific product or garment you are looking at. The measurement in cm/inches that we display on the product pages can however vary a few centimetres up and down depending on the material used in its production. Use these measurements as a guideline to find a suitable style or fit for you, but not as an exact value.
- H&M applies the limit for nickel that is developed /set with concern for users. Frequent tests are done to assure that the limit is not exceeded.
- H&M ban the use of hazardous and environmentally damaging substances thoughout all production processes. All H&M suppliers commit to comply with our requirements and are educated in how to run production to our standards. Regular controls and inspections are also conducted to ensure your safety.
- Make sure you follow the care instructions on the label. If your washing machine has a wool program, use this. If hand washed, remember to carefully squeeze any extra water out of the garment. Reshape the garment after wash and dry flat for optimal care.
- H&M accept a shrinkage of up to 3% for woven garments and 5% for knits/ jerseys. To avoid shrinkage, certain items might need ironing after washes, to regain their original shape and fit. If needed, this will always be mentioned on the care label.
- We always recommend hand washing for wire bras, as machine washing could cause the wire to separate and damage the machine.
H&M has three levels of functional garments with water repellent properties. Information will be found on the label.
Waterproof: The fabric is waterproof (>2000mm H₂O) and has sealed seams. Suitable for heavy rain conditions.
Water resistant: The fabric is waterproof (>1500mm H₂O) and has folded seams. Suitable for rainy or snowy conditions.
Water repellent: The fabric's surface has been treated to repel water. Suitable for light rain.
- As hazardous chemicals are banned thoughout our production, washing before wearing is not neccessary.
- UPF stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor and is used to provide information about the level of protection that garments provide. Clothes with a UPF 50+ rating block out 97.5% of UVA and UVB rays. This is a level of protection that is approximately 5 times higher than that provided by a normal cotton T-shirt. UPF in garments is reached through a combination of chemical treatment to the yarn and physical properties of the fabric. The chemical used to treat the yarn follows H&M’s strict chemical restriction.
- We work to ensure that as much as possible of the leather used in our products is either certified organic or comes from LWG-certified tanneries. In 2013, 49% of the leather shoes in our stores were made of such leather. Our goal is to increase this proportion every year and thereby help to strengthen the currently limited market for certified leather. Additionally, our product policy commits us to, amongst other things, only using leather that comes as a by-product of meat production, which means we only accept leather products from animals that have been bred for meat production. (Because of the poor transport conditions, we don’t use any leather from cows in India.) We use leather from the following animals: cows, buffalo, sheep, goats and pigs.
We have listened to your feedback and are taking steps to update our standard sizes on both Womenswear and Menswear. We initially introduced P (Women) and S (Men) sizing for improved fit and comfort. We now are adapting further so that these improved fits are actually the measurements that we provide for our standard sizing.
We have listened to your feedback and have taken steps to update our sizes. During a transitional period, we will have garments labelled in either old or new sizing, however, rest assured we will always send you the size that corresponds to what you ordered.
1) If you order an item in a standard size, you may receive a product labelled with a P or S next to the size (i.e. 34P or 42S). However, the fit/measurements will match what you ordered, so please try on.
2) If you ordered an item with a T or L next to the size (i.e. 34T or 42L), you may receive a product not labelled with a T or L. However, the fit/measurements will match what you ordered, so please try on.
Note: If you received the wrong size entirely (i.e. you ordered M but received XL), please contact Customer Service.
- This will be a gradual process and during this transition period we will have garments labelled with either old or new sizing, this might lead to you receiving an item labelled with a different size to your order but the measurements match according to the size guide on hm.com.