An easy way to calculate your size is to use our Size Guide, found here. Please note that same size garments may still vary depending on fit. H&M follow the standard body measurement lists, based on average body measurements for all sizes.
For some products, we specify measurements in cm/inches on the product page to give you an understanding of the model or fit for that specific garment. Note that these measurements can vary a few centimeters in both directions depending on the material.
- The size guides are a general guide for selecting the correct size at H&M based on your own body measurements. The measurements in cm/inches that we in some cases specify on the product pages are for the specific product or garment you are looking at. The measurements in cm/inches that we display on the product pages, however, can vary a few centimeters in both directions depending on the material used in its production. Use these measurements as a guideline to find a suitable style or fit for you, but they are not to be viewed as exact values.
- After hearing customer feedback on the sizing of our womenswear garments, we believe this change will improve our overall customer experience in the long-term. We’re always listening to our customers and trying to improve our offering.
- We started speaking about this last Fall, and it was decided to change for Summer/Fall 2018. We adjusted to align for North American sizing standards. We have received feedback regarding our sizing and want to listen to our customers and adapt where we should.
- This will be a gradual process and during this transition period we will sell garments labelled with either old or new sizing. This might lead to you receiving an item labelled with a different size to your order, but the measurements match according to the size guide on hm.com.
- Jeans are NOT affected by this change, as they are made based on inch waist measurement. This is the industry standard on denim sizing.
- Shoes will NOT be affected by this change.
- The addition of a size 0 will be the same measurements as the previous size 2, so that we can maintain the same measurements and sizing availability for our customers.
- Currently the offer is the same for H&M+. For now, customers will not see size 24 listed, as this is now a size 22.
· We have hang tags on the new garments affected by the size change.
· Size guides will be updated with the new size measurements.
· Information inserts have been added to online packages explaining the ladies size adjustments.
- We believe that customers will find the new size offering better and will be able to choose sizes in a clearer way, so our return policy remains as it is today.
- We are examining our entire size range offer for the future. We will be listening to our customers’ feedback to prepare for next year.