Choose how you wish to pay for your H&M purchases: by card, by PayPal, by invoice - within 20 days, pay next month or gift card. You can choose the payment method that suits you best at the checkout. H&M does not accept any payments made in advance.
The minimum age for shopping at hm.com is 16 years old for purchases with debit card and Gift Card, and 18 years old for the other payment methods.
- We accept cards with Mastercard or Visa symbol.
- All transactions are encrypted for your safety*.
- Your card will not be debited until we have dispatched your order**.
** If the credit card transaction is approved, the amount will be reserved immediately and you will receive an order confirmation to your email. Your card will be debited when we dispatch your order. If you return any items the balance will then be refunded onto your card. If the card transaction is not approved your order will be canceled. Please contact your bank or card provider if you have any questions about this.
Are my card details and personal information safe?
H&M guarantees that your details are completely safe with us. All information is sent encrypted to ensure total security of any sensitive information. Read more in our Privacy Notice.
When is the amount debited from my card?
A reservation of the amount on your card is made when you place an order. Your card will be debited when we ship your package.
What happens in case of returns?
If you have paid by credit or debit card, we will refund the balance to the card originally used.
Your payment will take just a few steps:
1. Select PayPal as your payment method in the checkout.
2. You will be redirected to the PayPal website to proceed with the payment.
3. If you are already a PayPal customer, you can log in with your user data and confirm the payment. If you are new to PayPal, you can create a PayPal account, and then confirm the payment.
4. You will return to HM.com and your order and payment will have succeeded!
- The invoice is sent to your e-mail address when the order is dispatched.
- Payment information can also be found on the delivery note, enclosed in the parcel.
- No fees or interest.
- Pay within 20 days after the invoice date.
How can I make a payment when I choose for invoice?
Payment can be made via bank transfer to account no. 73769917 and sort code 20-00-00. Make sure to provide us with your customer number, as stated on the invoice, in the reference box when making your payment.
When you apply for invoice H&M reserves the right to perform a credit check on you and reject your application it if it shows a negative result. This may leave a 'footprint' on your credit file. We also reserve the right to restrict your limit based on what your credit check shows.
If payment is not made by the due date we will charge you a late payment fee of £7 for each payment reminder letter we send to you. If you do not pay what you owe we reserve the right to sell the debt to a debt purchasing company who will collect the balance.
- Try on first and pay later
- No interest.
All purchases and returns made in one month are added to a statement, which you will receive the following month. The statement includes a fee of £1.25.
How can I make a payment when I choose for "Pay next month"?
Payment can be made via bank transfer to account no. 73769917 and sort code 20-00-00. Make sure to provide us with your customer reference number, as stated on the invoice/statement. Payment can also be made at any bank by presenting the payment slip attached to your invoice/statement.
When you apply for "Pay next month" H&M reserves the right to perform a credit check on you and reject your application it if it shows a negative result. This may leave a 'footprint' on your credit file. We also reserve the right to restrict your limit based on what your credit check shows.
If payment is not made by the due date each month we will charge you a late payment fee of £7 for each payment reminder letter we send to you. If you do not pay what you owe we reserve the right to sell the debt to a debt purchasing company who will collect the balance.
You can use our gift cards, both physical gift cards and e-gift cards, in any H&M store and for shopping at hm.com. Both types of gift cards can be used in addition to all payment methods stated above.
Returns and Refunds
Return made via postal services
If you want to return items that were paid for using only H&M Gift Cards, then you will be issued an e-gift card with an updated balance, even if you payed with a physical gift card. You will receive your new H&M E-Gift Card via email. If you used a combination of payment methods, you will be refunded to an e-gift card first. For example, if you used a combination of gift card and credit card. The return amount will be added to a gift card first. The rest will be refunded to the credit card you used at the time of purchase.
Return made in store
If you paid using an H&M Gift Card and wish to return your purchase to an H&M store, you will be issued a new physical gift card, or a merchandise card.
However, if you wish to be refunded the exact same way as you paid at purchase, you are always welcome to return as recommended by your Delivery note you have received.
MONTHLY INSTALMENTS (ONLY FOR CUSTOMERS WITH SIGNED AGREEMENT)
Annual interest of 17.90%.
Application for monthly instalment not available right now.
- When applying for either of our credit methods eg Invoice – Invoice – Pay in 20 days or Pay Next Month a credit check will be performed. Based on the outcome your application is rejected or approved. Together with the approval a credit limit will be set. The limit may be adjusted during the time of the agreement.
- Payment can be made via bank transfer to account no. 73769917 and sort code 20-00-00.
Make sure to provide us with your reference number, as stated on the statement, in the reference box when making your payment.
Payment can also be made at any bank by presenting the payment slip attached to your invoice/statement.
- You have two payment free months each year. There need to be four correct payments between the payment free months. The first payment free month can be taken after four months of correct payment. Please note, that you will pay more if you take your payment breaks. Interest continues to accrue at the agreed APR rate of 17.90% during your payment free months.
- You will be charged £7 per each notice we send to you. We will send one notice per month which is a reminder asking you to catch up with your payments. Default notice is currently charged at £12. If you do not pay what you owe we reserve the right to sell the debt to a debit purchasing company who will collect the balance.
- Yes - if you do not pay we will report the non-payment to the credit reference agencies and continued non-payment will result in a default being recorded on your credit file.
Termination: you have the right to terminate the agreement by paying off the full debt completely at any time without extra charges.
Withdrawal: you have the right to withdraw from the credit agreement within 14
days after signing the agreement.
Please contact us for information how to withdraw or terminate your agreement.
For our Monthly Instalments conditions click here.
Refunds in case of returns
Click here for more information about returns and refunds.
Your refund will be payable with the same payment method you chose for purchase.
If you have paid by credit or debit card, we will refund the balance to the card originally used.
If you have paid with PayPal, we will refund the balance to your PayPal account.
If you have paid by Invoice, "Pay Next Month" or by monthly instalment, we will add this credit to your H&M account balance.
Return made in store:
You will be refunded to the same payment method you used to make the purchase. You can also exchange in store up to the amount of the returned items, but only if you paid by credit/debit card, gift card or a combination of the two. You will need to pay the difference should the exchange exceed the amount of the return items.
The delivery fee will be refunded when a complete order is returned. Please allow up to 14 days for your transaction to process.
Please note that if our stores for some reason cannot access your online order, the return cannot be refunded with the same payment method that was used for the purchase, if you paid by any of the following payment methods; monthly instalment, pay next month, invoice or PayPal. In this case you have two options; you can either choose to return to H&M online or return your items in store. If you choose to return in store and have paid with any of the mentioned payment methods you will be refunded through a merchandise card. If you receive a merchandise card, you still must pay your outstanding invoice.
If you receive an email in which you are asked to give us card details or similar information, please be aware that this is not sent by H&M. H&M will only request account information in response to your queries via email or phone, or when there are unclarities with an order you have done, but we will never ask for bank details via email. Please do not respond to such requests. When we ask for personal data in an email then we will always ask you to contact us.
If you ever receive an email in which you are asked to give specific personal data via a link, do not reply to this, do not click on the link and delete it immediately.
For questions about emails please contact us.
What is a phishing email?
Phishing email messages are designed to steal your identity and/or infect your computer with a virus. They ask for personal data, often by asking you to click on a link and directing you to websites or phone numbers where they ask you to provide personal data. The link will often try to infect your computer with a virus. After that personal details will be misused immediately via e.g. Java and Adobe Flash.