We do not accept animal testing on any H&M Group cosmetic products, either during production or on finished products.
Our Animal Welfare Policy also includes a zero-tolerance on animal testing of cosmetic products and we support the work that is being done to end animal testing for cosmetic purposes globally.
- H&M accept a shrinkage of up to 3% for woven garments and 5% for knits/ jerseys. To avoid shrinkage, certain items might need ironing after washes, to regain their original shape and fit. If needed, this will always be mentioned on the care label.
- H&M ban the use of hazardous and environmentally damaging substances throughout all production processes. All H&M suppliers commit to comply with our requirements and are educated in how to run production to our standards. Regular controls and inspections are also conducted to ensure your safety.
- As hazardous chemicals are banned throughout our production, washing before wearing is not necessary.
- The highest recommended washing temperature is stated on the garment's label. You can, of course, choose a lower temperature to save energy. However, heavily soiled clothes might require the higher temperature.
- We always recommend hand washing for wire bras, as machine washing could cause the wire to separate and damage the machine.
- Yes, all H&M sunglasses have a special UV filter which blocks out all UV radiations (UVA and UVB).
- Make sure you follow the care instructions on the label. If your washing machine has a wool program, use this. If hand washed, remember to carefully squeeze any extra water out of the garment. Reshape the garment after wash and dry flat for optimal care.
We have listened to your feedback and adjusted our sizes on Ladieswear to be in line with UK size measurements. Please check and select your size according to measurements in new size guide.
Please note that same size garments may still vary depending on fit. H&M follow the standard body measurement lists, based on average body measurements for all sizes.
For some products we specify measurements in cm/inches on the product page to give you an understanding of the model or fit for that specific garment. Note that these measurements can vary a few centimetres up and down depending on the material used in its production.
H&M has three levels of functional garments with water repellent properties. Information will be found on the label.
Waterproof: The fabric is waterproof (>2000mm H₂O) and has sealed seams. Suitable for heavy rain conditions.
Water resistant: The fabric is waterproof (>1500mm H₂O) and has folded seams. Suitable for rainy or snowy conditions.
Water repellent: The fabric's surface has been treated to repel water. Suitable for light rain.
- The size guides are a general guide for selecting the correct size at H&M based on your own body measurements. The measurements in cm/inches that we in some cases specify on the product pages is for the specific product or garment you are looking at. The measurement in cm/inches that we display on the product pages can however vary a few centimetres up and down depending on the material used in its production. Use these measurements as a guideline to find a suitable style or fit for you, but not as an exact value.
We have listened to your feedback and adjusted our sizes on Ladieswear to be in line with UK size measurements. Please check and select your size according to measurements in new size guide. New size guide can be found here.
- H&M applies the limit for nickel that is developed /set with concern for users. Frequent tests are done to assure that the limit is not exceeded.
- UPF stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor and is used to provide information about the level of protection that garments provide. Clothes with a UPF 50+ rating block out 97.5% of UVA and UVB rays. This is a level of protection that is approximately 5 times higher than that provided by a normal cotton T-shirt. UPF in garments is reached through a combination of chemical treatment to the yarn and physical properties of the fabric. The chemical used to treat the yarn follows H&M’s strict chemical restriction.
- We've made some changes to sizes E and F, where size E is now labelled DD, and size F is now E and so on. During this transition, you may receive a size different to what you ordered, however the bra you receive will be correct in terms of measurements and fit. Please feel free to try your bra on to check the fit and refer to the size guide for further information.