An easy way to calculate your size is to use our Size Guide, found here. Please note that same size garments may still vary depending on fit. H&M follow the standard body measurement lists, based on average body measurements for all sizes.
For some products we specify measurements in cm/inches on the product page to give you an understanding of the model or fit for that specific garment. Note that these measurements may vary a few centimetres up and down depending on the material used in its production.
- The size guides are a general guide for selecting the correct size at H&M based on your body measurements. The measurements in cm/inches that we in some cases specify on the product pages is for the specific product or garment you're looking at. The measurements that we display on the product pages may vary a few inches up and down depending on the material used in its production. Use these measurements as a guideline to find a suitable style or fit for you.
- After hearing customer feedback on the sizing of our womenswear garments, we believe this change will improve our overall customer experience in the long-term. We’re always listening to our customers and trying to improve our offering.
- We started speaking about this last Fall, and it was decided to change for Summer/Fall 2018. We adjusted to align for North American sizing standards. We have received feedback regarding our sizing and want to listen to our customers and adapt where we should.
- This will be a gradual process and during this transition period we will sell garments labelled with either old or new sizing. This might lead to you receiving an item labelled with a different size to your order, but the measurements match according to the size guide on hm.com.
- Jeans are NOT affected by this change, as they are made based on inch waist measurement. This is the industry standard on denim sizing.
- Shoes will NOT be affected by this change.
- The addition of a size 0 will be the same measurements as the previous size 2, so that we can maintain the same measurements and sizing availability for our customers.
- Currently the offer is the same for H&M+. For now, customers will not see size 24 listed, as this is now a size 22.
· We have hang tags on the new garments affected by the size change.
· Size guides will be updated with the new size measurements.
· Information inserts have been added to online packages explaining the ladies size adjustments.
- We believe that customers will find the new size offering better and will be able to choose sizes in a clearer way. Our return policy remains as it is today, which includes the recently added ability to return Swim & Beauty. As always, we have free returns in store!
- We are examining our entire size range offer for the future. We will be listening to our customers’ feedback to prepare for next year.